Wednesday 28 October 2015

My home made stew

First things first I'm not a veggie, I eat meat but I cook and bake Vegan/veggie
so here is my veggie stew that I made for the first time this year and obviously not the last yesterday.

Firstly I make sure I've got a tin of butter beans, a packet of pearl barley vegetable stock (whatever you fancy!) and of course suet for my dumplings!

but first the veg!


as you can see i got a bargain in M&S this in total cost me £1.01p exactly I've had many arguments about the cost of M&S food I go in figure out what I need and get it and most of it was cheaper than other supermarkets!


I put the veg in my slow cooker and the the potatoes (after washing them) I then put in the tinned butter beans (after rinsing them) followed by the pearl barley (a couple of handfuls not too much!) then made the stock cube up to the packets instructions left it for about six hours added a little extra water to make sure it didn't dry out!

then I made (for the first time!) Vegan dumplings with the suet (it was vegetable!) they nearly went wrong when I added too much water but i followed the instructions on the packet (flour, suet,water and salt!) but i saved the day with more flour! so when I finished  I realised that my stew was completely vegan! thats a great thing because I can have my friends around for tea! unfortunately I don;t have much of my stew left but its a handy thing to make this time of year that I wanted to share!



till next time lovelies!

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment