Sunday 13 October 2013

First postings and Craft evenings

Hello and Welcome to Double Dom's Crafting blog!

I've tried blogging before and I'm not that great in keeping up with posts but this time i'm determined to at least try some points you must know before I start 

1. I'm USELESS at English and grammar (being Dyslexic doesn't help me here) in time I'll find a proof reader! (it's on the to do list so bare with me)

2. I'm a bit scatty so I don't post as frequently as others, but I'm working on getting organised! any tips would be appreciated!

ANYWAY HELLO THIS IS MY NEW BLOG! 



*~Fanfare~*

I'm Dominique (or May/Maysie depending on what you want to call me!)
A 30 something who makes things in Devon with the help of my Mother in Cornwall (she knits for cornwall and possibly the UK!) 
My Favourite things to make are, Button Jewellery and anything Crocheted! 
Together we made Double Dom Does (yet to fully start the store, thanks to rubbish lighting for photos and bad timing organisation on my part BUT it's coming!) 
and I started my craft evenings off starting this 

Craft evenings
granted I've only had one of them, and as far as i'm concerned it was a success! two books I've read over the past few months gave me the boost to do this by myself one was 
Jazz Domino Holly's - Queen Of Crafts for the section on gatherings (just blummin' do it!)
and Craft In edited by Kathleen Mccafferty the "box" is full of mini books with projects for crafty gatherings (making your own hula hoop! YAY!)

Those books gave me ideas just to have friends around have a cup of tea and make "all the things" My first gathering was the first Friday in October, possibly moving them to Wednesdays if thats easier for friends to come (and it was friends only but can and will open to others if they wish to join!)  

What the future holds with this little project of mine who knows, but I'm glad I've made my first steps in trying to do something crafty I enjoy, just got to keep up the momentum!

Would you hold you own craft night?

xx Miss Double Dom xx


No comments:

Post a Comment